Whether it is voting against legislation to crack down on sanctuary cities or campaigning and fundraising with pro-sanctuary city organization “Protect and Elect,” Bob Casey’s record on sanctuary cities and illegal immigration is the latest indication of Bob Casey’s leftward leap and his desire to cater to the socialist left than provide for the safety of Pennsylvania’s families.
Here is a brief run-down of Sen. Casey’s record on immigration and sanctuary cities:
- Bob Casey voted to support sanctuary cities by opposing a bill by Sen. Pat Toomey to crackdown on these law-breaking municipalities.
- Bob Casey flippantly commented that law enforcement doesn’t “need another job” when it comes to enforcing immigration policy.
- Bob Casey twice voted against Kate’s Law, which would set a mandatory minimum sentence of five years imprisonment for deported felons who illegally re-enter the United States.
- Bob Casey has campaigned and fundraised with pro-sanctuary cities group “Protect and Elect.”
- Bob Casey has campaigned and fundraised with Sen. Kamala Harris, who supports abolishing ICE.
According to a poll, 80 percent of voters oppose sanctuary cities.
That’s probably because, according to data provided by Immigration and Customs Enforcement 90 percent of the illegal aliens they arrest have a past or pending criminal conviction.
In response, Republican Party of Pennsylvania Communications Director Jason Gottesman, made the following statement:
“When it comes to sanctuary cities and protecting Pennsylvanians, Bob Casey’s desire is to cater to the viewpoints of his radical left Party bosses and liberal donor base.
“Bob Casey’s priority in the Senate is not cracking down on these rogue municipalities and respecting the rule of law, but, rather, solidifying his liberal-progressive image with the socialist, obstructionist left and filling his campaign coffers.”’