Wednesday, the Pennsylvania Senate Republican Caucus elected its slate of leaders for the 2019-2020 legislative session.
As a result of Wednesday’s caucus meeting, the Senate Republicans elected:
- Sen. Joe Scarnati (R-Jefferson) as President Pro Tempore-Designee
- Sen. Jake Corman (R-Centre) as Majority Leader
- Sen. John Gordner (R-Columbia) as Majority Whip
- Sen. Pat Browne (R-Lehigh) as Senate Appropriations Committee Majority Chair
- Sen. Bob Mensch (R-Montgomery) as Republican Caucus Chair
- Sen. Rich Alloway (R-Adams) as Republican Caucus Secretary
- Sen. Dave Argall (R-Schuylkill) as Majority Policy Committee Chair
In response to the leadership election results, Pennsylvania Republican Party Chairman Val DiGiorgio made the following statement:
“I thank the Senate Republican leadership team for stepping up in the spirit of service to lead the Senate’s Majority Caucus.
“The leadership team assembled by Senate Republicans is made up of members who will work to keep Pennsylvania on the right track for working families, respect taxpayer dollars, and ensure the rule of law.
“As the session is set to get underway in the coming weeks, the Republican Party of Pennsylvania looks forward to supporting the Senate Republican leadership team and the entire Senate Republican Caucus as they stand up for Pennsylvanians.”