Principles of Our Republican Party
Reducing the size of government. Streamlining the bureaucracy. Returning power to the states. These are all stances the Republican Party, in opposition to the Democratic Party, adopted early in our history. The Republican Party, since its inception, has been at the forefront of the fight for individuals’ rights in opposition to a large, bloated government.
For 150 years, our Party has found its purpose in its principles. We confront big challenges instead of passing them on to future generations. We move forward with needed reforms to make the government work better for citizens. We fight important battles and champion freedom because by expanding liberty, we make our nation more secure.
As the party of the open door, while steadfast in our commitment to our ideals, we respect and accept that members of our Party can have deeply held and sometimes differing views. This diversity is a source of strength, not a sign of weakness, and so we welcome into our ranks all who may hold differing positions. We commit to resolve our differences with civility, trust, and mutual respect, and to affirm the common goals and beliefs that unite us.
These are values worthy of a great nation. And they are values worth fighting for.
Republicans have always been the Party of fresh ideas and new thinking.
As Republicans, we believe in…
- Ensuring that Americans remain safe, terrorists are defeated, and democracy flourishes in the world
- Expanding opportunities for ownership and investment
- Making tax relief permanent and ensuring greater energy independence
- Increasing the affordability and accessibility of health care
- Protecting the sanctity of marriage and the rights of the unborn
- Preparing students for success in life by bringing the benefits of education reform to high schools
- Helping workers adjust to a changing economy by offering flexible training options that meet their individual needs
Republicans address the issues facing America…
- Winning the War on Terror – because our government ‘s most solemn duty is to keep its citizens safe
- Ushering in an Ownership Era – because a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit will keep our economy strong and provide more opportunities for workers and families.
- Building an Innovative Economy to Compete in the World – because America can compete with anyone, anywhere, thanks to our entrepreneurs and risk-takers who keep us on the cutting-edge of technology and commerce.
- Strengthening Our Communities – because our children deserve to grow up in an America in which all their hopes and dreams can become true.
- Protecting Our Families – because we respect the family’s role as a touchstone of ability and strength in an ever-changing world.