Board of Directors’ Co-Chairman, Asher’s Chocolates (4th generation family candy business of C.A. Asher), major candy-making and national distribution center at Souderton, PA, with operations also in Historic Germantown area of Philadelphia and Lewistown, PA.
Asher’s annually produces more than 6 million pounds of confectioneries for national and international distribution.
An Involved Citizen
- Pennsylvania member of Republican National Committee, appointed 1998
- Chairman, Development Committee, Nature Conservancy of Pennsylvania
- Board of Directors, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Advisory Board; and Salvation Army, Philadelphia Region
- Member, Pennsylvania Society
- Philadelphia Zoological Society
- Session of Oreland (PA) Presbyterian Church
- Union League of Philadelphia
- Academy Club of Germantown Academy
- Leadership Council, Republican State Committee of Pennsylvania
- Avalon (NJ) Yacht Club
- Old York Road Country Club, Gwynedd, PA
- Chairman, Republican Party of Pennsylvania, 1983-1986
- Chairman, Montgomery State County (PA) Republican Committee, 1978-1986
- State Chairman, PA Governor Dick Thornburgh’s successful re-election campaign committee, 1982
- Delegate, Republican National Convention, Detroit 1980 and Dallas 1984
- Commissioner, Springfield Township, Montgomery County, PA 1968-1971
- Delegate, Republican National Convention, 2000-2012
- Humanitarian Award, Montgomery County (PA) Association for Retarded Citizens
- Special Award/Recognition, Valley Forge (PA) Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Good Citizenship Award, Union League of Philadelphia
- Graduate, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business and Commerce, Philadelphia, B.S. in Economics (Class of 1960)
- Graduate, Germantown Academy, Fort Washington, PA (Class of 1955)
- U.S. Army veteran, active duty and reserve status
- Married to former Joyce Webb, with three children, son Jeff, daughters Jill and Jodi, all married and with three grandchildren.
- Montgomery County, PA resident more than 35 years.