REGISTERING TO VOTE
To vote in Pennsylvania, you must be registered by the established voter registration deadline, which is approximately 30 days before Election Day. Registered voters can vote for any candidate in General and Special Elections, but only registered Republicans can vote in Republican Primary Elections or sign nomination petitions for Republican candidates.
2020: CRITICAL VOTER DEADLINES
Applications must be postmarked or received by your county Board of Elections by the deadline. If you register online, your application must be submitted prior to 11:59 pm on the day of the deadline.
- Last Day to Register before the Primary Election: May 18, 2020
- Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballot: May 26, 2020
- Primary Election Day: June 2, 2020
- First Day to Register after the Primary: June 3, 2020
- Last Day to Register Before the General Election: October 19, 2020
- Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballot: October 27, 2020
- General Election Day: November 3, 2020
If you are on active duty in the military, are a hospitalized or bedridden veteran, you can register at any time. See www.fvap.gov for more information.
PETITION CIRCULATION PERIOD
- First Day to Circulate and File Nomination Petitions: January 28, 2020
- Last Day to Circulate and File Nomination Petitions: February 18, 2020
VOTING BY ABSENTEE OR MAIL-IN BALLOT
Pennsylvania allows voters who can’t make it to the polls on Election Day to vote by absentee or mail-in ballot.
To be eligible to register, you must be:
- a United States citizen
- a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
- at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election *
* You do not have to wait until you turn 18 years old to register. You can register to vote before you turn 18 if there are no other elections prior to you turning 18.
RUNNING FOR DELEGATE
For those interested in running for Delegate or Alternate Delegate to the 2020 Republican National Convention click here.