In order to vote in Pennsylvania, you must be registered to vote by the voter registration deadline that is approximately 30 days before Election Day.
While registered voters can vote for any candidate in General and Special Elections, only registered Republicans can vote in Republican Primary Elections and sign nomination petitions for Republican candidates.
How Can I Register To Vote
2019 Voter Registration Deadlines
Applications must be postmarked or received by your county Board of Elections by the deadline. If you register online, your application must be submitted prior to 11:59 pm on the day of the deadline.
- Primary Election: April 22, 2019
- General Election: October 7, 2019
If you are on active duty in the military, or you are a hospitalized or bedridden veteran, you can register at any time. See www.fvap.gov for more information.
Who Is Eligible To Register
To register you must:
- Be a United States citizen, be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election *
* You do not have to wait until you turn 18 years old to register. You can register to vote before you turn 18 if there are no other elections prior to you turning 18.