In order to vote in Pennsylvania, you must be registered to vote by the voter registration deadline that is approximately 30 days before Election Day.
While registered voters can vote for any candidate in General and Special Elections, only registered Republicans can vote in Republican Primary Elections and sign nomination petitions for Republican candidates.
How Can I Register To Vote
2020 Important Voting Deadline Dates
Applications must be postmarked or received by your county Board of Elections by the deadline. If you register online, your application must be submitted prior to 11:59 pm on the day of the deadline.
- Last Day to Register before the Primary Election: April 13, 2020
- Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballot: April 21, 2020
- Primary Election Day: April 28, 2020
- First Day to Register after the Primary: April 29, 2020
- Last Day to Register Before the General Election: October 19, 2020
- Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballot: October 27, 2020
- General Election Day: November 3, 2020
If you are on active duty in the military, or you are a hospitalized or bedridden veteran, you can register at any time. See www.fvap.gov for more information.
- First Day to Circulate and File Nomination Petitions: January 28, 2020
- Last Day to Circulate and File Nomination Petitions: February 18, 2020
Vote By Absentee or Mail-In Ballot
Pennsylvania allows voters who can’t make it to the polls on Election Day to vote by absentee or mail-in ballot. Learn more about voting by absentee or mail-in ballot.
Who Is Eligible To Register
To register you must:
- Be a United States citizen, be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election *
* You do not have to wait until you turn 18 years old to register. You can register to vote before you turn 18 if there are no other elections prior to you turning 18.
Running for Delegate
For those interested in running for Delegate or Alternate Delegate to the 2020 Republican National Convention click here.