- Co-Founder & Chairman of Computer Enterprises Inc (since 1993)
- Board of Directors for Port Authority of Allegheny County (2013-Present)
- Host of Radio Show “The Raja Show” on KDKA (1020AM) (2013-2016)
- Board of Directors for Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) (2013-2016)
- Past President of Mt. Lebanon Commission (2010; elected to Commission 2008-2012)
- Past President of TiE Pittsburgh (elected in 2008 for 2008 -2009) and Board Member (2008-2012)
- Founding Chair of the University of Pittsburgh Computer Science Industry Board (2003 to 2008)
- Venture Capitalist with Pittsburgh Equity Partners (2010 – Present)
- Judge for Carnegie Science Awards for Entrepreneur Categories (2010 – Present)
- Judge for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards (2013)
- MBA (honors) from Carnegie Mellon University (2001)
- MS Computer Science from University of Pittsburgh (1989)
- Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, from Waynesburg University (2016)
- Carnegie Science Center Entrepreneur of the Year for established business (2009)
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (2008)
- Diamond Award for Regions Leading CEOs and Presidents for large business (2008)
- Smart Business Pacesetters Award for CEO excellence (2007)
- CEI is a leading national firm providing cutting edge IT solutions to over 60% of the Fortune 50 and other businesses in the United States. Raja started CEI in spare bedroom of his townhouse in 1993 and has since successfully grown the company to several hundred employees with offices throughout the United States.
- As Commissioner in Mt. Lebanon, lead the initiative to address budget issues not only to tackle severe shortfalls but also to the pass the first planned tax cut in 2009 in the history of Mt. Lebanon. Again lead the initiative to reduce the taxes in 2011 to offset a new storm water fee.
- Initiated and Chaired the University of Pittsburgh’s Computer Science Industry Board to better align the curriculum with industry and to enhance entrepreneurship among students within the Department. The Industry Board is now an established organization within the University with representation from our region’s leading firms such as Alcoa, Bank of New York Mellon, FedEx, Google, PNC Bank, U.S. Steel and Westinghouse.
- Initiated the “Business Mentoring Roundtable” (BMR) which is now a core component of TiE Pittsburgh (an organization with the region’s leading entrepreneurs and CEOs as its leadership). The BMR focuses on providing mentoring to startup businesses with the objective of these businesses staying / growing in our region.
- Led the economic development initiatives of CONNECT (with official representation from Pittsburgh and 38 municipalities) to target our region becoming the leader in terms of economic and job growth with innovation.
- Lives in Mt. Lebanon PA with wife, Neeta (Doctor, Internal Medicine), and their two daughters, Isana (14 years) and Omisa (12 years).